Psychology 2060 Chapter 5: Chapter 5 Notes This is for Psych 2060, taken online, for the Muchinsky 9th Ed. textbook. These are very detailed and easy to understand notes on Chapter 1 that I made myself. Headings and bullets make it easy to read, and I assure you there is enough

78 views9 pages

Document Summary

Personnel decisions influenced by organizational values: e. g. preference for hiring only applicants with superior. Organizations operate within a social or cultural context in which credentials they are embedded cultural differences in what makes for a desirable employee: western cultures consider nepotism undesirable. Adverse impact: a type of unfair discrimination in which the result of using a particular personnel selection method has a negative effect on protected group members compared with majority group members, often contrasted with disparate treatment. Bona fide occupational qualification (bfoq): a qualification for a job that is reasonably necessary to the operation of that particular business or enterprise. Recruitment recruitment: the process by which individuals are solicited to apply for jobs recruitment and selection process is mutual, both parties are engaged in assessing degree of fit with each other. Social validity: the quality of the selection process that makes is acceptable to job applicants, like face validity but for a selection process.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers