Psychology 2060 Chapter Notes -Effect Size, Uptodate, Statistical Significance

22 views5 pages

Document Summary

Industrial/organizational psychology: a branch of psychology that applies the principles of psychology to the workplace. I/o psychologists enhance the dignity and performance of human beings, and the organizations they work in, by advancing the science and knowledge of human behavior. I/o examines factors that affect the people in an organization as opposed to the broader aspects of running an organization (marketing, transportation, accounting) Application of psychological principles is what best distinguishes i/o psychology from related field typically taught in business schools. I/o psychology relies extensively on research, quantitative methods and testing techniques. I/o psychologists act as scientists when they conduct research and as practitioners when they work with actual organizations. Goal: to increase productivity and well-being of employees. Individual approach: focuses on determining the competencies needed to perform a job, staffing the organization with employees who have those competencies and increasing those competencies through training.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers