PS270 Chapter Notes - Chapter 2: Mark Leary, Egotism

53 views7 pages
8 Dec 2016
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

A person"s answer to the question who am i? . Your sense of self: to discover where the sense of self arises, neuroscientists are exploring the brain activity that underlies your constant sense of being yourself. Powerfully affect how we perceive, remember and evaluate other people and ourselves. Development of the social self: social experience is also apart of self-concept and determining it, our social identity, the comparisons we make with others, our successes and failures, how other people judge us, the surrounding culture. Individualism-collectivism varies across country"s regions and political views. Self-esteem and culture: self-esteem in collectivist cultures correlates closely with what others think of me and my group , self-concept is malleable (context specific) rather than stable. September 24th: for those in individualistic culture, self-esteem is more personal and less relational, threaten our personal identity, we"ll be angrier than if someone threatens our collective identity. Me personal achievement and fulfillment; my rights and liberties.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers