ADMS 1000 Chapter Notes - Chapter 11-12: Fiedler Contingency Model

37 views2 pages
whitebuffalo5917706 and 39630 others unlocked
ADMS 1000 Full Course Notes
ADMS 1000 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
12 documents

Document Summary

Reward financial/ other (if i pay you will you show up) Substitutability do employees have alternatives to obtain resources which power holder has (school v-p) Discretion can power-holder act solo (gym teacher) Centrality how central is he to how many other roles (school accountant) Visibility how recognized is his power (school principle) Most effective rational persuasion, consultation (now we will sit down and i will explain to you why it is important to sit and listen) Moderately effective personal appeals, exchange (you scratch my back i scratch yours) Most effective engagement, they get committed, buy in. Collaborating high assertiveness, both parties work for best outcome, high trust. Compromising moderate assertiveness losses and gains shared. Power and influence moderately correlated with job performance. Can facilitate task performance and increase good citizenship behaviour. Integrative bargaining more collaborative style win-win potential. Preparation included best alternatives to negotiated agreement. Bargaining goal: gain something out of this process.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers