Four Fields of Anthropology
Physical or Biological Anthropology
Social and Cultural Anthropology
The study of human and animal bodies as physical entities
- human evolution (using human skeletal remains to reconstruct the past.
- primatology – eg. Jane Goodall
- forensic analysis of skeletal material
- disease patterns in past societies
The study of past human societies, primarily through analyzing material culture
The study of spoken languages in past and present societies.
- Language acquisition
- Language evolution and change