Define the objective of each association
1. CIHI: Canadian Institute for Health Information, where their goal is to improve the health
of Canadians by integrating quality health information and providing precise and better
2. LHIN : Local Health Integration Networks, they are responsible for planning, funding
and monitoring health service providers within their designated local areas to enhance
community engagement and improve the sharing of information between providers
3. CCAC : Community Care Access Centers are local agencies that provide information
about care options in local areas. They assist people to live independently at their homes.
They provide professional services such as nursing, rehabilitation, personal support
4. Better Health Together: A public education campaign that is oriented toward educating
communities about digital health and how its integration will improve the quality of
5. MaRS Innovation : Organization that uses the research innovation in health and brings it
forward in order to implement systems and processes that achieve efficiency while
making sure that costs are not high. They use technologies to improve services.
6. OMA : Ontario Medical Association, their goal is to advocate for the health of citizens by
providing accessible, sustainable, and high quality healthcare systems
7. Canadian Health Information Management Association (CHIMA): Organization that is
related to improving the health information management. Their aim is to advance the
healthcare system into a strong base of health information management Define the following jobs and the set of skills needed in each? Map these skills to existing
HLST courses (use the following table)?
Job Description Skills HLST course
1. Data Analyst Translated numbers - Knowledge of statistics HLST 4130
into usual, natural - Computer skills
language (English). - Programming
And use the data to - Excellent
make better business Communication
2. Database IT professional - Communication skills. HLST 3320
administrator responsible for the - Knowledge of database
performance, integrity theory.
and security of a - Knowledge of database
- Knowledge of