NATS 1760 Chapter Notes -Genetically Modified Bacterium, Nuclear Technology, Transgene

49 views4 pages

Document Summary

Excerpts from genomes & what to make of them (pg. Genomics is perceived as being the forefront of scientific and technological advance, and serves as a symbol for the ever-increasing potential, as well as risk and threat of new technology. Analogy with nuclear power- singled out as a conferring powers incomparably greater than any other emerging technology. I have no vested financial interest either in, or in opposition to, the biotechnology industry. I have no close social or professional connections to advocates or opponents of genetic engineering, nor within that discipline do i enjoy a high scientific standing to protect. Instead, i hold an academic appointment in the field of evolutionary genetics. I have no personal desire to modify genes, nor any blanket ethical objection to the efforts of those who strive to do so. Microbes have been harnesses to manufacture some of the most lucrative commercial products that have emerged to date from the gm industry [16]

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers