Curriculum to Learning a Language
7. Date and Time
8. Titles of people (mom, dad, etc.)
11. Nouns, Verbs, Pronouns, Prepositions andAdjectives
* Learn how to construct a sentence - Start by reading and writing sentence.
* Learn how to write a paragraph – Start by reading and writing paragraphs.
* Get a book with pictures and label them with corresponding words in language.
*Avoid using English as much as possible. Be able to know the language without translating it
into English first.
Break each section up such as: school, work, shopping mall, grocery store, etc. Interpersonal = Enabling us to establish and maintain desirable social and working relationships:
• greetings and leave takings
• introducing people to others
• identifying oneself to others
• expressing joy at another’s success
• expressing concern for other people’s welfare
• extending and accepting invitations
• refusing invitations politely or making alternative arrangements
• making appointments for meetings
• breaking appointments politely and arranging another mutually convenient time
• excusing oneself and accepting excuses for not meeting commitments
• indicating agreement or disagreement
• interrupting another speaker politely
• changing an embarrassing subject
• receiving visitors and paying visits to others
• offering food or drinks and accepting or declining politely
• sharing wishes, hopes, desires, problems
• making promises and committing oneself to some action
• complimenting someone
• making excuses
• expressing and acknowledging gratitude
Directive =Attempting to influence the actions of others; accepting or refusing direc