Textbook Notes (368,418)
Canada (161,876)
York University (12,845)
Psychology (3,584)
PSYC 2130 (185)
Chapter 5

Chapter 5 – Personality Assessment I- Personality Testing and Its Consequences Textbook Notes.docx

2 Pages
Unlock Document

Department
Psychology
Course
PSYC 2130
Professor
Krista Phillips
Semester
Spring

Description
1May 8 2014Chapter 5Personality Assessment I Personality Testing and Its ConsequencesChapter SummaryThe Nature of Personality Assessment Any characteristic pattern of behavior thought or emotional experience that exhibits relative consistency across time and situations is part of an individuals personality These patterns include personality traits as well as psychological attributes such as goals moods and strategies Personality assessment is a frequent activity of industrial and clinical psychologists and researchers Everybody also assesses the personalities of the people they know in daily lifeThe Business of Testing Personality testing is a big business that can have important consequences But some personality tests are useless or even fraudulent so it is important to understand how they are constructed and how they are usedAn important issue for assessments whether by psychologists or by laypeople is the degree to which those assessments are correct Do they correlate as expected with other assessments o
More Less

Related notes for PSYC 2130

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit