Psychology
Course
PSYC 2530
Professor
Anne Russon
Semester
Fall

Description
Ch. 12- Introduction to ANOVA Tuesday, November 13, 2012 5:39 PM PSYC 2530 Introductory Statistics Chapter 12: Introduction to Analysis of Variance  The major advantage of ANOVA is that it can be used to compare two or more samples o The t test is limited to 2 samples only  In the context of ANOVA, an independent variable or a quasi-independent variable is called a factor  The individual conditions or values that make up a factor are called the levels of the factor  Hypotheses for single-factor, independent-measures ANOVA: o o  o The F-ratio has the same basic structure as the t statistic but is based on variance instead of sample mean difference o  Type I Errors and Multiple-Hypothesis Tests o A test-wise alpha level is the risk of a Type I error, or alpha level, for an individual hypothesis test o When an experiment involves several different hypothesis tests, the experiment-wise alpha level is the total probability of a Type I error that is accumulated from all of the individual tests in the experiment
More Less

Related notes for PSYC 2530

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit