PSYC 3600 Chapter 9: Chapter 9 PSyc 3600

128 views6 pages

Document Summary

Lack of community psychologist involvement in the justice system, or research on it in our journals. Us teenagers more likely to die from gun violence than natural causes (more likely for. Child exposure to violence: parent or media violence, being physically abused increases chance of victim being aggressive, Why media is bad: increases aggression, desensitization to acts of violence, unrealistic fears of becoming a victim of violence (instills fear) Prejudice= an attitude toward members of some group. Discrimination = prejudiced actions against a particular group. Racial discrimination leads to fewer opportunities and social support from others and. Segregation= isolation of a group from others in the community thus may lead to crime or violence. i. e. (cid:271)ei(cid:374)g af(cid:396)i(cid:272)a(cid:374) a(cid:373)e(cid:396)i(cid:272)a(cid:374) is(cid:374)"t a cause for violence but being subjected to segregation and discrimination may be. Traditional us criminal justice system: crime-arrest-prosecution- conviction- incarceration. Community psychologists interested in fear of crime and relationship to actual victimization.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers