• Designing Journey
◦ Is Designing Same forAll Professions?
‣ Fine arts is part of the DNA
◦ Shared values in design
‣ Delta knowledge - a type of knowledge based on the notion on modeling
what does not yet exist. This is what designers do a great deal of the time,
imagine and model a new reality.
‣ Visual language - designers make a constant use of visual language as a
form of communication.
‣ Aesthetic codes - historically many early designers were members of
groups - such as the Deutscher Werkbund, the Futurists, or de Stijl that
were established to create and promote specific aesthetic codes/standards,
commonly called styles. Same phenomenon or some aspects of it
continues today as Postmodernism
‣ Human context
‣ Environmental factors
‣ Economic impact
◦ Design's operational methods
‣ One-off versus mass production
‣ Dimensional tolerance
‣ Artifact life