Philosophy
Course
PHIL 1070
Professor
svetelj
Semester
Fall

Description
Book III lets talk about our actions Actions: VOLUNTARY – made by choice within, reason is coming from inside MIXED – both sides are included INVOLUNTARY – reason why you do it is from outside FORCE – physical force IGNORANCE – did not have right knowledge Two types of ignorance: UNIVERSALS – didn’t know general rules, driving on right side in new Zealand; child hitting other  child with rock PARTICULARS – knows rules, but didn’t know in this particular case; such as parking car in spot  that someone was their for first because didn’t know in that situation  I DO + REGRET I DO + DON’T REGRET – stealing parking spot of professor you don’t like Lets imagine in middle of ocean on ship with a lot of gold and so happy Weather is bad, waves are huge and we are about to sink Can only save themselves by getting rid of gold  Voluntary because made decision Involuntary because nature and weather forcing us to do this Counts as a mixed action How we can achieve something in our life: (become virtuous) 1) Ethos – take into consideration your character 2) Boulesis – make basic decision (based on your wishes and desires make basic decision) (I  would like to be a healthy man but I have to make this decision, in same way make decision about  virtue) 3) Bouleusis – refine dream or wish has to become concrete or nothing will happen, have to find  a way or path (such as becoming a lawyer to help a lot of people) 4) Pruaires – have to make some choices (such as choosing/applying a college to become a  lawyer) 5) Action – go and do it (send the application, if already in law school study and pass exam) 10/30/13 Being Green Article 1. Activity – recycling, conserving water, etc.. 2. Activity of the Soul– you are aware of what you do, and decide to do it 3. Of the bet part of the soul 4. According to virtue – being green will become so deep in me it’ll be come a life  style, because you consider it over a life time 5. Must do it over complete Life – has to drive carefully througho
More Less

Related notes for PHIL 1070

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit