Philosophy
Course
PHIL 1070
Professor
svetelj
Semester
Fall

Description
Book V Justice If state pushes me to be a just man then they are just Depends on context where I am, such as if in a democratic government and I follow rules then I am  just, if I go against them I am unjust If I am in a monarchy and follow rules then I am just, if I don’t respect monarchy then I am unjust General definition of justice is to respect the law Justice Two Types: Universal – follows laws depending on where you are Particular:  Distribution – all of us explorers in 18  century, discover California, we would like to own country  but how do we distribute it in a just way, have to take into consideration many things Very tricky, do not know how to divide up because depends on many things Ex. How much each person should pay taxes Ex. Healthcare  Correction/Rectification – man in apple store steals 10 iPads, they caught him so he had to  give them back and they sent him to the prison for one month; not enough to give back, the order  m
More Less

Related notes for PHIL 1070

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit