ACCT 220 Chapter Notes - Chapter 2: Cash Register, General Ledger, Retained Earnings

87 views2 pages

Document Summary

Decreased (-) by dividends: record: journalize transactions, prepare unadjusted trial balance b. i. 2. a. b. i. 2. a. i. b. i. 2. a. ii. b. i. 2. a. iii, create a journal entry to represent the accounting transaction a. i. Debit and credit appropriate accounts: adjust: journalize adjusting entries, prepare adjusted trial balance, report: prepare financial statements, close: journalize closing activities, prepare post-closing trial balance. 59): an economic event that requires accounting recognition; an event that affects tany of the elements of the accounting equation-assets, liabilities, or stockholders" equity. Calendar year: a fiscal year that ends on december 31. Double-entry accounting: a method of accounting results in the recording of equal amounts of debits and credits. Fiscal year: the annual accounting period used by a business. 65): a record of the additions, deductions, and balances of individual assets, liabilities, stockholders" equity, dividends, revenues, and expenses. T-account: an abbreviated form of the formal account in the shape of a t. 67): the side on which increases to the account are recorded.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers