CAS PO 111 Chapter Notes - Chapter 11-13: National Election Pool, The Federalist Papers, Progressive Era

35 views12 pages

Document Summary

Political socialization and public opinion: exit polls vs entrance polls, used to predict outcome of elections i. Post 2008, the use of entrance polls increased: national election pool i. ii. Iowa caucus 08" - collected info about voter demographics. Predicted obama (d) and huckabee (r: john jay - the federalist papers (1787) i. Americans are more alike each other than not - one united people : political socialization - process through which individuals acquire own political beliefs and values i. Affect public opinion: roots of political values: socialization, our environment and influences mold our political opinions i. Family - children usually take their parents" political beliefs: two main factors: communication of the parents and receptivity of the children ii. School & peers - foster political awareness from young age: presentation of civic material in schools with goal of creating. Sources also provide more time to discuss key topics i. ii.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers