SMG OM 323 Chapter Notes - Chapter Ch.12: Uptodate, Material Requirements Planning

68 views7 pages

Document Summary

The sum of lead times that sequential phases of the production or assembly process require from ordering part or raw materials to completion of final assembly. Bill of materials (bom) contains a listing of all of the assemblies, subassemblies, parts, and raw materials that are needed to produce one unit of a finished. Product structure tree a visual depiction of the requirements in a bill of materials, where all components are listed by levels. Low level coding is used so that all occurrences of that component appear on the lowest level at which the component appears. Inventory records: refer to stored information on the status of each item by period, called time buckets. Mrp processing takes the end item requirements specified by the master s(cid:272)hedule a(cid:374)d (cid:862)explodes(cid:863) the(cid:373) i(cid:374)to ti(cid:373)e-phased requirements for assemblies, parts, and raw materials using the bill of materials offset by lead times. Mrp p(cid:396)o(cid:272)essi(cid:374)g (cid:272)o(cid:373)(cid:271)i(cid:374)es the ti(cid:373)e phasi(cid:374)g a(cid:374)d (cid:862)explosio(cid:374)(cid:863) i(cid:374)to a se(cid:395)ue(cid:374)(cid:272)e of spread-sheet sections:

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers