M B A 8590 Chapter Notes - Chapter 2: Linear Programming, Spreadsheet

42 views2 pages

Document Summary

Decision modeling 859 book notes ch. The word linear in the name refers to the form of the mathematical expressions in this model. Progra(cid:373)(cid:373)i(cid:374)g does(cid:374)"t refer to co(cid:373)puter progra(cid:373)(cid:373)i(cid:374)g; rather, it is esse(cid:374)tiall(cid:455) a s(cid:455)(cid:374)o(cid:374)(cid:455)(cid:373) for planning. Linear programming means the planning of activities represented by a linear mathematical model. Sumproduct formula in excel, when two ranges are selected (e. g. : c7:d7 and c12:d12) then the software does the following (c7*c12 + d7*d12) I(cid:374) e(cid:454)cel it"s not necessary to continue using trial and error to explore to optimum solution of a range of possibilities. Excel solver can be used to quickly find the best solution. A linear programming model can be formulated either as a spreadsheet model or as an algebraic model. Both versions have their advantages and it can be helpful to bilingual. An algebraic model provides a very concise and explicit statement of the problem.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers