PSYC 302 Chapter Notes - Chapter 3: Contiguity, Taste, Classical Conditioning

95 views7 pages
29 Sep 2016
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

A bonding between two events that occur together. Pavlov was the first to explore this while he was investigating if it had a role in establishing a strong conditional response (a. 1. a. 1) four temporal arrangements between the cs and the us (a. 1. a. 1. a) delay conditioning (a. 1. a. 1. a. i) Once the cs came on, it remained until the. The cs is terminated before the us begins (a. 1. a. 1. c) simultaneous conditioning (a. 1. a. 1. c. i) This showed that contiguity wasn"t as important as people thought it was at the time (a. 1. a. 1. c. i. c) There isn"t conditioning because the kkkkkkdog does not need the tone as a cue for the food (a. 1. a. 1. d) backwards conditioning (a. 1. a. 1. d. i) The us is presented first then the cs is presented (a. 1. a. 1. d. i. a) In the case the cs reduces the likelihood of the us (a. 1. a. 1. d. i. b) The cs has no predictive value like the example in the simultaneous conditioning (a. 1. a. 1. e) there was a higher conditioning in delayed conditioning than trace conditioning: frequency.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers