PSYC 341 Chapter 2: Psychological Perspective, Sociocultural, and Biopsychosocial

104 views6 pages
16 Feb 2017
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Expulsion from awareness of unacceptable ideas or motives (b) example (i) A person remains unaware of harboring hateful or destructive impulses towards others (2) regression (a) description (i) The return of behavior that is typical of earlier stages of development (b) example (i) under stress, college student states biting his nails or becomes totally dependent on others (3) displacement (a) description (i) The transfer of unacceptable impulses away from their original objects onto safe or less- threatening objects (b) example (i) A worker slams a door after his boss chews him out (4) denial (a) description (i) refusal to recognize a threatening impulse or desire (b) example (i) A person who nearly chokes someone to death acts afterwards like it was no big deal (5) reaction formation (a) description (i) Behaving in a way that is the opposite of one"s true wishes or desires to keep these repressed (b) example (i)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers