COMM 130 Chapter Notes - Chapter 5: Jargon, Extraversion And Introversion, Blabbermouth.Net

121 views4 pages

Document Summary

Perception: refers to the process of making sense of or attaching meaning to some aspect of reality that has been apprehended by the senses, choosing, selecting and distorting all that they take in and assign. Salient characteristics: central traits that serve as a dominant attribute around which people construct a pattern of initial impressions. Audience form potentially inaccurate,prejudicial impressions based solely on a speaker"s co culture identity or physical appearance. Body shape appears to influence how people perceive others: silhouettes of the three body types ii. iii. i. ii, the impact of stereotypes, endomorphs , mesomorphs . (athletic,firm, muscular: warm hearted, talkative and lazy i. i. i, ectomorphs . Rated as tense, ambitious, suspicious, and stubborn: height is also indicator that affects first impressions. Involves encoding and sending verbal and nonverbal a. messages to others about what kind of person you are.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers