POLS 155 Chapter 2-3: chapter 2-3

85 views2 pages
Chapter 2 and 3 Journal
In this second journal entry I will be talking about the different people who in Americana
and to see where they fir t in society, something else I will be talking about would be the
relationship among different group in colonial America and the events that took place in order to
create our government. Different people who live in America share values in the United States
that are define as a country and culture. However, there are different power relationship between
the people and the government, therefore there are series of events that happen in order to create
the perfect government that will work today.
There are different people who live in America and take different roles in America
because everyone’s role is important. There are citizens who is not only a prescription, but to act
to the very precise of legal status. American are born in the United States, however there re
immigrants who are citizens or objects to other countries. Immigrants have made a big effect in
the government status because they have argued into their own status to stay in America. It has
been heavily influenced by recent events and trends. Till this moment immigration had brought a
big effect to the government because they have not decided about a stable able or policy for
them. Many states are independently adopting strict immigration laws, including an extreme
controversial debated in this topic. Many states are independently adopting strict immigration
laws for their own benefit. Personally, I believe that making more laws for immigrants are a
waste of time instead of treating them like citizens because we are all the same persona and
should not be allowed for certain opportunities if we say we are equal as people.
In order to make this decision with the government there was a drastic change that
happen and fixing to make in order to make this government. I surprisingly learned that when we
made this government we didn’t choose a present first because we were afraid of a one ruler
having the power. I also learned that we didn’t chose the president when they finally decided to
have a president, the people would choose the representatives and the representatives would
choose the president. To start of there was England and the colonies were together at one point,
however they both had different ideas and compromises which is why they decided to split from
each other. The reason why they split were because the colonist wanted to make their own
fortune, practice their own religion and become landowners. Voting was a restrictive from the
qualification of their own religion and the property was one of the requirement sin order to vote.
Since there was so much injustice going on with their voting and requirements in order to
vote later on come the Declaration of independence. The Declaration of Independence was a
political document that dissolved ties between the Unites States and Britain. The declaration of
Independence state that “all men are created equal” which lead to several of the slaves to win
their freedom as the result of the war. However, several slaves were still enslaved in the South
and several of native American remained losing their land. Later came the articles of
confederation which was the first constitution of the United Stated which established a firm
league of friendship and created a confederacy to give power to the states.
After the provisions in the Articles came I which was a national government with
congress empowered to decide matters of war and peace, and they voted in the continental
congress for each state regardless of size. I finally learned that there was a final vote which
required the support of nice out of 13 state legislates and the small states. As the overall outcome
if this was that this period of time saw the development of citizenship sure know today what are
their roles and they are important to the government. The new government laid the ground work
for the individuals. After so many changes and modifications they finally created the government
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows half of the first page of the document.
Unlock all 2 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

Different people who live in america share values in the united states that are define as a country and culture. However, there are different power relationship between the people and the government, therefore there are series of events that happen in order to create the perfect government that will work today. There are different people who live in america and take different roles in america because everyone"s role is important. There are citizens who is not only a prescription, but to act to the very precise of legal status. American are born in the united states, however there re immigrants who are citizens or objects to other countries. Immigrants have made a big effect in the government status because they have argued into their own status to stay in america. It has been heavily influenced by recent events and trends.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers