GEOG 1982 Chapter Notes - Chapter 1: Cites, Nios Embedded Processor, Ivory Trade

50 views2 pages
10 Oct 2017
Department
Course

Document Summary

Santo ni o is a tiny statue of jesus christ. Most are wooden but the hardcore filipino christians buy ivory versions of the santo ni o. Olid (cid:272)ar(cid:448)i(cid:374)gs or i(cid:373)ages (cid:449)hose heads a(cid:374)d ha(cid:374)ds (cid:894)so(cid:373)eti(cid:373)es life size(cid:895) are i(cid:448)ory. The vatican has recently signed legislation to fight crimes like drug trafficking, terrorism etc. World leaders have given each other ivory presents before, truly disgusting. The guy he interviewed said the only way to get ivory into the us is to smuggle it. He hides his in a pair of underwear in his bag with ketchup on it to make it look like he crapped his pants. The two biggest customers in the philippines are priests and gay filipino men. Malaysian and african muslims are the two biggest sellers of ivory. Thailand has become a major market for ivory trading because their species of elephants are more docile and easy to poach.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers