PSYCH 10000 Chapter Notes - Chapter 14: Revised Neo Personality Inventory, Frontal Lobe, Personality Psychology

198 views12 pages

Document Summary

I understand material from lecture on 2 major questions: are there personality traits, personality: the psychological qualities of an individual that influence a variety of characteristic behavior patterns across different situations and over time. Id: primitive, unconscious part of the personality, pleasure principle, sexual, ego. Interpersonal defenses produce movement towards others, against others, and away from others. I should be attractive: et(cid:272) , abraham maslow, self-actualization, constant striving to realize potential and to develop inherent talents and capabilities (top to bottom) I understand what social-learning and cognitive theories are, especially mischel"s. Cognitive-affective personality theory and bandura"s cognitive ocial-learning theory: bandura"s cognitive ocial learning theory: reciprocal determinism. Increased risk of coronary heart disease: type b behavior pattern: as compared to type a behavior pattern, a less competitive, less aggressive, less hostile pattern of behavior and emotion, less competitive, etc. I ha(cid:448)e (cid:396)e(cid:448)ie(cid:449)ed o(cid:374) (cid:373)(cid:455) o(cid:449)(cid:374) the (cid:862)(cid:272)halle(cid:374)ge topi(cid:272)(cid:863): do you belie(cid:448)e that pe(cid:396)so(cid:374)alit(cid:455) ca(cid:374)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers