BUS 100 Chapter Notes - Chapter 9: Takeover, 1997 Asian Financial CrisisPremium
1 pages35 viewsSpring 2016
This preview shows half of the first page. to view the full 1 pages of the document.
Which of these countries has seen the biggest recent surge in IPOs?
Who regulates stock markets?
• National regulators
Bonds are used for:
• Debt financing by companies and governments
Why are derivatives risky?
• Their values fluctuate in accordance with the asset class that they depend on.
Which of the following was the least significant factor in causing the financial crisis of 2008?
• The US trade deficit
The Bretton Woods agreement was notable for which of the following?
• Exchange rates pegged to the US dollar
The World Bank was created to fund:
• Development projects and broad development programmes
Why has the IMF been criticized for its handling of the Asian financial crisis?
• Because it adopted a one-size-fits-all approach to market-oriented reforms in affected countries
A hostile takeover occurs when:
• The board of the target company rejects the offer of the acquirer, who then proposes it to the
You're Reading a Preview
Unlock to view full version
Loved by over 2.2 million students
Over 90% improved by at least one letter grade.