MGMT 301 Chapter Notes - Chapter 3: Assertiveness, Egalitarianism

32 views1 pages
I do’t surprise that I hae a high gloal aager potetial 59 poits. I’ urretly a
international student and I have been in US about 6 years. I plan to work in US after graduation
for at least 5 years. That is my first step to become a better globe manager. To be able to work
outside of my country of origin is important to my career paths. It encourages a global
experience.
I love traveling. Before I came to US, I had been to UK, Australia, Korea, Japan, Hong Kong and
various countries in South East Asia. In this year, I am planning a vacation and business trip to
China with my father. Travel improves my skills to work cross- culturally. By putting myself in
another culture, I can create an unparalleled awareness and have a better understanding on
those are differet. Fro that, I o’t hae uh stressed aout the iteratio ad less likely
to have barriers to communication. I will have a strong relationship building skill, an ability to
quickly establish and build trust and can make decisions in the face of ambiguity or uncertainty.
I additio, study a laguage ould ake a plus. I’ plaig to fiish studyig Japaese i
2018. This also explain that I have a high career vision and plan (74 points). I valued the
important of learning to accept and appreciate cultural differences. It is a good move for the
career. I break down my career plan into many small goals which are specific, measurable and
attainable. The MBO principle of periodically reviewing performance will assist me in obtaining
my goals.
In the GLOBE dimensions, I have high In Group Collectivism, Institutional Collectivism, Power
Distance, Performance Orientation. I have medium in Future Orientation, Gender Egalitarianism,
Humane Orientation and Assertiveness. These results make senses because my origin country is
surrounded by collectivist cultures. The more to the west, people are leaning to individualism
and low power distance. Each individual has their own personal valued on GLOBE dimensions but
I believe the important is how you can apply that behavior in an appropriate cultural
eiroet. It is the iportat for the log ru for a path to suess. You a’t just go to
China, Vietnam, or Japan and expect the power relationship to be democratic, or view your
leader as an equal, regardless of his or her formal position or title.
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows half of the first page of the document.
Unlock all 1 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

I do(cid:374)"t surprise that i ha(cid:448)e a high glo(cid:271)al (cid:373)a(cid:374)ager pote(cid:374)tial (cid:894)59 poi(cid:374)ts(cid:895). I"(cid:373) (cid:272)urre(cid:374)tly a(cid:374) international student and i have been in us about 6 years. I plan to work in us after graduation for at least 5 years. That is my first step to become a better globe manager. To be able to work outside of my country of origin is important to my career paths. Before i came to us, i had been to uk, australia, korea, japan, hong kong and various countries in south east asia. In this year, i am planning a vacation and business trip to. Travel improves my skills to work cross- culturally. By putting myself in another culture, i can create an unparalleled awareness and have a better understanding on those are differe(cid:374)t. fro(cid:373) that, i (cid:449)o(cid:374)"t ha(cid:448)e (cid:373)u(cid:272)h stressed a(cid:271)out the i(cid:374)tera(cid:272)tio(cid:374) a(cid:374)d less likely to have barriers to communication.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers