This preview shows half of the first page. to view the full 1 pages of the document.
• 3/4 of macromolecules are polymers
o Small building blocks that are joined together
• Joined by dehydration or hydrolysis
• Sugars need to know if...
o Hydrophobic(OH) or hydrophilic(H)?
o Glycosidic bond
• Forms cellulose, starch, glycogen, chitin
• Lipids - not polymers (fats and oils, steriods)
o Glycerl - ester bond
• Saturated - have double bonds, liquid at room temp
o Trans fats
• Phospholipids - membrane (water)
You're Reading a Preview
Unlock to view full version