2 Pages
Unlock Document

Marist College
Computer Science
CMPT 120L-115
Matthew Johnson

A Balanced Introduction to Computer Science, 3 Edition David Reed Chapter Four: JavaScript and Dynamic Web Pages A. Introduction 1. Static pages – all look the same and behave in the same manner each time they are loaded into a browser 2. JavaScript- created by Brendan Eich a. Makes pages dynamic – capable of changing appearance over time or in response to the user’s actions i. Instructs the browser to perform an action within the page B. Dynamic Web Pages 1. Statement – in programming language, it specifies a particular action that the computer is to carry out 2. HTML Event Handlers – dynamic attributes that specify how the element is to react to certain events a. onmouseover – specifies the action that the browser is to carry out when the user moves the mouse over that element b. onmouseout – specifies the action that the browser is to carry out when the mouse is moved off of the element c. example: i. d. assignment statement – changes the value of one of the element’s other attributes i. example: this.src= new value; where src is an attribute name 3. The onclick Event Handler – trigger whenever the user clicks the m
More Less

Related notes for CMPT 120L-115

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.