Chapter 11 vocab (book)
• Homo Habilis:An early species of Homo that lived inAfrica between 1.9 and 1.44 million
years ago, with a brain size roughly half that of modern humans and a primitive post-cranial
• Oldowan Tradition: The oldest known stone tool culture
• Homo Rudolfensis:Aspecies of early Homo fromAfrica that lived 1.9 million years ago, with
the brain size somewhat larger than H.Habilis but with larger back teeth and a broader face.
• Endocast:Acast of the interior of the brain case used in analyzing brain size and structure.
• Homo Erectus:Aspecies of the genus Homo that arose 1.9 million years ago inAfrica and then