PSYC 3406 Chapter Notes - Chapter 3: Unstructured Interview, Mental Health Professional, Structured Interview

42 views4 pages

Document Summary

Julia is often shy around other people, but at times she can be very outgoing. Horoscope or fortune cookie: evidence-based assessment i. ii. iii. Relying on research findings and scientifically viable theories. Systematic approach and not as subject to variation. Doesn"t have to be a licensed mental health professional. 3. 3 mental status examination: assesses a client"s current state of mind through behaviour and functioning, mini-mental state examination (mmse): structured tool that clinicians use as a brief screening device to assess neurocognitive disorders. 3. 4 intelligence testing: variety of functions, overall cognitive evaluation, diagnosis of learning disabilities, prediction of future academic achievement, stanford-binet intelligence test, deviation intelligence (iq) score: individual score is compared to mean score of individual"s reference group i. Can be used for clients who don"t have the language/reading skills needed for mmpi. Tell a story about what is happening in the scene i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers