PSYC 3406 Chapter Notes - Chapter 6: Assertive Community Treatment, Schizoaffective Disorder, Chlorpromazine

30 views5 pages

Document Summary

Loosening of associations : flow of thoughts that is vague, unfocused and illogical. Neologisms : invented new words that aren"t in language ii. Inappropriate affect : person"s emotional response doesn"t match social cues and context e: active phase: period during which symptoms are most prominent. Positive symptoms : exaggerations or distortions of normal thoughts, emotions, behavior i: delusions, hallucinations, disorganized speech, catatonic behavior: abnormality of movement and behavior ii. resulting from disturbed mental state. Do not have depressive or bipolar disorder cause was a splitting of schiz among functions of the mind i. ii. Four a"s: association: thought disorder, rambling and incoherent speech, affect : disorder of experience and expression of emotion, ambivalence : inability to make or follow through on decisions, autism: withdrawal from reality, german psychologist kurt schneider i. Schizphronia should only be diagnosed if there is first-rank syndrome : key symptoms that define schizophrenia: audible thoughts, outside influences on the body, thought control.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers