BIOL 110 Chapter Notes - Chapter Tutorials 1-6: Infant Mortality, Protozoa, Parasitism

43 views16 pages
28 Sep 2016
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

Unifying themes of biology: natural selection, evolution and the nature of science: what is life, biology is the study of life, life is not static, changes with time. Natural selection and evolution: evolution: as changes in the genetic structure of a population a. i. It explains the diversity of life that exists in the world. a. ii. Many facets that have contributed to the diversity of life: all common life can be traced back to a common ancestor that existed 3. 7 billion years ago. b. i. Reptiles: adaptation: traits that help organisms survive in its current environment. In order to work there must be a genetic variation in the population. e. Introduction: life is composed of a myriad of biomolecules (molecules found in living organisms. ) Properties of water: water consists of two hydrogen atoms covalently bound to one oxygen atom, water is polar, it has different electrical property on opposite end. b. i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers