ASIA 019 Chapter 2: ASIA 19 - Chapter 2 - The Caucasus Case Studies from Armenia and Georgia

91 views8 pages
24 May 2017
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

Asia 19 - chapter 2 - the caucasus: case studies from armenia and georgia. Learning objectives: examine central asia in terms of diverse identities a. i. Portions of russia: analyze mountain instrumental music called k (literally mood ) from. : end-blown flute made from reed or wood b. iv. chopo choor. : clay ocarina with three to six holes found in southern b. v. sybyzgy. : side-blown transverse flute traditionally played by shepherds b. vi. jygach ooz komuz and temir komuz. : wooden and metal jew"s harp: analyze classical music from uzbekistan and tajikistan c. i. Shashmaqam (or six maqam): genre of music that includes instrumental pieces, songs, poetry, and dance: examine historical and cultural importance of armenian apostolic church from. Small land-locked country in caucasus: examine unique genre of georgian secular polyphony in context of supra e. i. supra meal. : traditional social gathering where people have a long celebrated. The caucasus: ancient region with jagged landscape, geographical location b. i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers