Marketing
Course
MKT-210
Professor
David Hartstein
Semester
Fall

Description
MH­Practice Analysis th Morgan Williams | October 6 , 2013 | Marketing 210­G Overall Strategy o Appeal to many different target markets (when possible) o If not possible, specify the product so that it is best suited for the market pursued o Advertise smart and know when to splurge and when to innovate instead o Closely monitor competition Target Market o Attempted to appeal across the board as much as possible o Commuters seemed to be most responsive o Specified the product (book bag) to reflect the feedback given from commuter customers Product Design o When the game started, I attempted to create a book bag that I myself would own o That proved to be somewhat effective, though it wasn’t specific enough to a target market o Once I decided to go with commuters as my target market, I allocated most money into the  development of the book bag itself Pricing o Like the product design, I attempted to price the product in the range I’d expect to pay for a book  bag o After finding a target market, I was able to better decide a price based on the budget of potential  customers o After placing my product in stores, I had to raise prices to continue to make a profit after my cuts  to the retailers Retailing o In the beginning, I relied on a strong product to get me by without distributing my product  throughout the stores offered o Later, I realized that partnering with the available stores was to my benefit, even if it cost o The department store proved most effective in the end 1 | Training Game Analysis Report Promotion o Until the 4th or 5th turn, I hadn’t used advertising or promotional material in an attempt to save  money o I believe I didn’t properly allocate my money into advertising and it rapidly decreased my overall  account balance o I didn’t realize I could use in­store discounts/coupons until the turns were nearing an end and  never took advantage of this feature Lessons Learned Pros Cons Market Commuters proved to be a  Trying to appeal across all  positive target market markets Book bag product design was  Building the bag to luxury  Design most appealing when built with a standards; too expensive with  high comfort and medium  lack of response capacity level The consumers have reasonable  What is a good deal to  budgets and are willing to shy  consumers may not give them  Pricing away for a well­built product the best bag available; their  budget restricts building a  highly desirable bag Promotes product and makes it  Placing the product in stores  readily available to customers;  comes at a high price; the cost  Retailing allows the player to pick and  of placing the product in turn  choose who to sell through increases the price the consumer  pays Easy way to have potential  Expensive and not always  Promotion
More Less

Related notes for MKT-210

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit