PSY 335 Chapter Notes - Chapter 9-15: 18 Months, Abstraction, Albert Bandura

93 views11 pages

Document Summary

Theories of social cognition: freud"s theor(cid:455) of ps(cid:455)chose(cid:454)ual de(cid:448)elop(cid:373)e(cid:374)t. Conscious: all the stuff you are readily aware of: e. g. , thoughts, perceptions, emotions, etc. Preconscious: not currently thinking of it, if given a cue or prompted you can produce it: e. g. , not think about middle name all the time, but if asked you could tell someone. Unconscious: things you think, emotions you feel, and uncontrollable sexual impulses that you are not aware of, yet they exert some type of influence over behavior. Ice berg: bottom, largest part of ice berg. Id: pleasure principle, immediate gratification, present from birth: e. g. , ta(cid:455) i(cid:374) (cid:271)ed a(cid:374)d sleep (cid:894)ea(cid:396)l(cid:455) (cid:373)o(cid:396)(cid:374)i(cid:374)g, ti(cid:396)ed id tells (cid:373)e to sleep(cid:895) Ego: reality principle, keeping the id in check, mediator, takes more time to develop: e. g. , go to class, ego tells me to go because i need to get good grades.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers