HIM 3208 Chapter Notes - Chapter 11-12: Angina Pectoris, Hypertensive Heart Disease, Cardiogenic Shock

55 views3 pages

Document Summary

Rheumatic heart disease codes vary based on the condition; acute, quiescent or with heart involvement. Chronic rheumatic heart disease usually effects the heart valves: icd-10-cm assumes that certain mitral valve disorders are rheumatic. 1 mitral valve = rheumatic, all mitral valves are rheumatic: icd-10-cm assumes that disorders effecting both the mitral and aortic valves are rheumatic in nature & origin. Ischemic heart disease a. k. a arteriosclerosis, atherosclerosis, ashd & coronary ischemia. Ischemia reversible as its caused through the lack of oxygen for organs. Infarction the lack of oxygen caused the death of an organ or tissue. Myocardial classified as acute for 4 weeks (i21: i21. x 4 digit represents the wall that is involved, i21. xx 5th digit represents the coronary artery involved. Category i22 (subsequently) used to report another myocardial infarction occurring during the 4 week acute period of the first myocardial infarction. I22. xxxx can never be coded without the i21. xxxx because this is a subsequent code.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers