BIL 160 Chapter 53: CHAPTER 53

55 views5 pages

Document Summary

Can be estimated from an indicator of population size, such as number of nests or counting number of individuals in randomly located plots c. ii. Immigration: the influx of new individuals from other areas. Emigration: movement of individuals out of a population: patterns of dispersion and into other locations d. i. Result from direct interactions between individuals in the. Territoriality: the defense of a bound physical space against: demographics over time encroachment by other individuals d. iii. The position of each individual of a population is independent of other individuals: demography: the study of the vital statistics of populations and how they change, life tables: age-specific summaries of the survival pattern of a population b. i. Type i curve is flat at the start, reflecting low death rates during early and middle life, and then drops steeply as death rates increase among older age-groups. Mammals that produce few offspring but provide them with c. i. 1. good care c. ii.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers