DEP 5057 Chapter Notes - Chapter 4: Cortisol, Psych, Behaviorism

49 views2 pages

Document Summary

The first two years; psychological development: emotional development, early emotions a. i. Social smile: a smile evoked by a human face, normally first evident in infants about 6 weeks after birth a. ii. Separation anxiety: an infant"s distress when a familiar caregiver leaves, most obvious between 9 and 14 months a. iv. Stranger wariness: an infant"s expression of concern when a stranger appears: toddler"s emotions b. i. Self-awareness: the realization that one"s body, mind, and activities are distinct from those of other people: brain and emotions, growth of the brain a. i. Still-face technique: an experimental practice in which an adult keeps his or her face unmoving and expressionless in face-to-face interaction with an infant: attachment: an affectionate tie (ainsworth) that an infant forms with a caregiver b. i. Secure attachment: a relationship in which an infant obtains both comfort b. ii. b. iii. and confidence from the presence of his or her caregiver. Insecure-resistant/ ambivalent attachment: an infant"s anxiety and uncertainty are evident b. iv.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers