PHYSCI 5 Chapter Notes - Chapter 1: Respiratory Tract, Pernicious Anemia, Centenarian

64 views4 pages
johnaquadoura17 and 37978 others unlocked
PHYSCI 5 Full Course Notes
PHYSCI 5 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
24 documents

Document Summary

Chapter 1 - how to become a centenarian. Centenarian - someone who is 100+ yrs old. Average lifespan for men - 73, for women it is slightly higher. In 2. 5 million yrs humans have evolved, but the last 60 years obesity has become a big issue. Obesit(cid:344) as a (cid:700)disease(cid:701) raises a(cid:342)are(cid:269)ess, it is (cid:269)ot the i(cid:269)flicted"s fault. It (cid:268)a(cid:344) be a (cid:700)(cid:268)arker of disease(cid:701) that i(cid:269)dicates other diseases the i(cid:269)flicted (cid:268)a(cid:344) have. Infectious diseases - diseases associated w/ microorganisms (bacteria/viruses), we know what causes it, has a clear beginning and end (ppl get sick and then they get well) Cause: poor sanitation (consuming contaminated water and food), health care was primitive, disease spread exponentially. Pneumonia and influenza, tuberculosis, diarrhea and enteritis, diseases of the heart, senility and vascular lesion, nephritis, cancer, diphtheria (upper respiratory tract) Antibiotics - substance that fights bacterial infection. Insulin - hormone that regulates sugar, associated w/ diabetes.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers