ANTH 2 Chapter Notes - Chapter 6: Origin Myth, Ethnogenesis, Boundary Marker

45 views2 pages
7 Nov 2016
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Ethnicity as identity ethnicity: a sense of historical, cultural, and sometimes ancestral connection to a group of people who are imagined to be distinct from those outside the group. Not fixed or defined war or genocide can cause groups to vanish. (cid:862)little i(cid:374)dia(cid:863) (cid:894)shoppi(cid:374)g district(cid:895) > represe(cid:374)t i(cid:374)dia(cid:374) i(cid:373)(cid:373)igra(cid:374)t life a(cid:374)d eth(cid:374)ic identity in the us. 1994, genocide of hutu and tutsi group in rwanda. After the german and belgian colonial rule, the hutu and tutsi were divided. Because of anatomy results showed that tutsi were closer in physical form to. Europeans, it was natural that tutsi were assigned to influential position. To maintain and enforce this segregation, in 1933 the belgian colonial government established a national identity card that included the category (cid:862)eth(cid:374)icity(cid:863) Continued even after independence in 1962, only until the genocide happened, the cards are no longer used after 1996. Orchestrating ethnic conflict in the former yugoslavia.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers