BSC 3096 Chapter Notes - Chapter 4: Voltage-Dependent Calcium Channel, Muscle Tissue, Opsin

36 views19 pages

Document Summary

Chapter 4 the eukaryotic cell; the nervous system. Contains all of the dna in an animal cell (except for small amounts in the mitochondria) Aqueous soup inside the nucleus is called the nucleoplasm. Wrapped in a double phospholipid bilayer called the nuclear envelope/membrane i. Rna can exit through the pores but dna cannot. Within the nucleus there is an area called the nucleolus where rrna is transcribed and the subunits of the ribosomes are assembled i. Not separated from the nucleus by a membrane. Cells can acquire substances from the extracellular environment though transport and endocytosis b. i. Cell membrane protrudes outward to envelope and engulf particulate matter. Only a few special cells are capable of phagocytosis, macrophages and neutrophils a) Antibodies or complement proteins bind to particles to be engulfed. Once the particulate matter has been engulfed, it is called a phagosome ii. Extracellular fluid is engulfed by small invaginations of the cell membrane a)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers