Blood.docx

3 Pages

Department
American Studies
Course Code
AMH 2020
Professor
All

This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full 3 pages of the document.
Description
Mahogany BrownAMH 2020April 15 2013Blood Done Sign My Name EssayTim Tysons Blood Done Sign My Name 2004 examines the grim reality of racism during the 60s and 70s through an account of racial hatred in Oxford North Carolina Tyson explains to the reader that the killing of Vietnam veteran Henry Marrow in 1970 was attributed to alleged inappropriate comments that Marrow made to a white woman According to Tyson the murder demonstrated the fear white men had about AfricanAmerican men taking advantage of white women Tyson named the defense of white womanhood as the reason many of these crimes were justified Ultimately Tysons exploration of Henry Marrows death helps to reflect on the nationwide racial conflicts existent during the Civil Rights era In the text Tyson described when he was ten years old his friend Gerald Teel bragged that his Daddy and Roger and em had shot em a nigger 8 This event was a
More Less
Unlock Document

Only page 1 are available for preview. Some parts have been intentionally blurred.

Unlock Document
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version

Unlock Document

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit