COMM 102 Chapter 4: Bryant Textbook Chapter 4 Notes

73 views11 pages

Document Summary

Iq, gender, height, race) 3. environmental factors or events: albert bandura applied sct to mass communications ** Distinctly human traits: many animals can learn, but humans have distinct cognitive traits that set them apart. These 3 characteristics are symbolizing capacity, self-regulatory capacity, self-reflective capacity, and vicarious capacity. Humans communicate through a system of shared meanings of symbols known as language. The capacity to understand these symbols allows people to store, process, and transform observed experiences into cognitive models that guide them in future actions and decisions. They can evalute their behavior and respond accordingly. I evaluate my situation and decide to direct my behavior to working out. Ability of a person to make sure their thinking is correct through a self-check. Four self-reflective modes used in thought verification: enactive mode, vicarious mode, social mode, and logical mode. A person assesses the agreement between thoughts and the results of actions.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers