ENGLISH 325 Chapter Notes - Chapter 6: Interpolation, Intertextuality, Joan Didion

46 views2 pages
Mikaela Bradley
English 325
Dr. Conway
5/22/18
Reading Response
Fed Mote’s eepts fo Black and Blur, Pefae ad Itepolatio ad
Itepellatio speak deeply to the expressiveness of black music and the story that is often
behind the lyrics. From the first line, where it states that the goal is to attept a patiula
kid of failue, tig had ot to sueed has a kid of otaditio to it. You do not normally
t to fail o t had to ot sueed, ut It ade e ead the piee though a diffeet les.
When listening to music, I do not typically think deeply about the words or listen intently. When
I do, I am often off put by some of the lyrics in current pop culture. Using the reference of the
sog Ghetto “upasta thoughout the essa kept igig the authos’ poits ak up. The
writing talks about the deep meaning behind lyrics and how songs are often written to tell
stoies, oetig this idea to a oel also  the ae of Ghetto “upasta. His conclusion
as e oise, laiig that lak usial pefoae offes for us an instance of itself as
the ongoing reproduction of that which disrupts reproduction from within the very process of
epodutio of the oditios of the apitalist podutio. This uotatio stuk e due to
the ultiple uses of the od epodutio ad ho it otiuall disupts itself. The piece
Oea Pak #6, from Dreaming of Ramadi in Detroit, by Aisha Sabatini Sloan explores the
topic of grief in response to death through the incorporation of works by other authors or
artists. I liked the braided structure that it used, reflecting some of the ideas we have learned
about through reading essays from Bending Genre. I like how she mentioned Joan Didion, since
we have read some of her work and I have some sort of background about her. I find it is easier
to understand intertextuality when I have read the authors mentioned before. The way Aisha
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows half of the first page of the document.
Unlock all 2 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class