HISTORY 244 Chapter Notes - Chapter Hamas: Azzam Tamimi

64 views1 pages
26 Jun 2018
School
Department
According to the reading by Azzam Tamimi, one thing I found interesting was that Hamas says
they pride themselves on being an extension of an old tradition. It is interesting that Hamas says
they derive their actions off of “values,” but these said values involve mass murder. Even in the
article, it says that contrary to Israeli beliefs, Hamas is responsible for political, cultural, social,
and educational. This was interesting to me because Hamas is predominantly known solely for
terrorist attacks and not on a basis of governmental order.
I also found it interesting that it says Hamas believes that permanent peace is possible based
on the principles of justice and equal human rights. Throughout history, Palestine had been
given opportunities for peace time and time again. They had always rejected negotiations
showing that they did not have the intention for peace. What they mean by justice and equal
rights really means no rights for Israel and Palestine earning back all of their land. In the article
it states that the return of all land to Palestine is among the criteria for a cease-fire agreement.
Unlock document

This preview shows half of the first page of the document.
Unlock all 1 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

According to the reading by azzam tamimi, one thing i found interesting was that hamas says they pride themselves on being an extension of an old tradition. It is interesting that hamas says they derive their actions off of values, but these said values involve mass murder. Even in the article, it says that contrary to israeli beliefs, hamas is responsible for political, cultural, social, and educational. This was interesting to me because hamas is predominantly known solely for terrorist attacks and not on a basis of governmental order. I also found it interesting that it says hamas believes that permanent peace is possible based on the principles of justice and equal human rights. Throughout history, palestine had been given opportunities for peace time and time again. They had always rejected negotiations showing that they did not have the intention for peace.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers