PUBPOL 201 Chapter Notes - Chapter 1: Public Policy Doctrine, Patent Act Of 1836, Potential Space

43 views7 pages
School
Department
Professor

Document Summary

Differences in us and eu patent system have understood patents and their appropriate governance quite differently . differences in political culture and ideology . Market-making: eschewed this definition of patents in moral terms and emphasized their status as legal and technical o(cid:271)je(cid:272)ts . The u go(cid:448)er(cid:374)(cid:373)e(cid:374)t"s role (cid:449)as si(cid:373)pl(cid:455) to set the conditions for the market to flourish , with the assumption that market activity would ultimately produ(cid:272)e the pu(cid:271)li(cid:272) i(cid:374)terest . The i(cid:374)(cid:448)e(cid:374)tor"s i(cid:374)terest , in other words , was the public interest. Inventor"s have incentive to act in public interest because rational market participants did not suppress their patented inventions, and thus the government could rely on them to behave appropriately. Moral socioeconomic objects: patents as potentially having both beneficial and problematic effects, and it assumed the responsibility of determining when an invention was morally or social problematic and then intervening to ameliorate these problems.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers