FREN 105 Chapter Notes - Chapter 3: Preposition And Postposition, State Agency For National Security, Avex Group

27 views4 pages
3 Nov 2016
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Expressing relationship: possessive adjectives are used to express relationship and possession. In french, they agree with the noun they modify, not with the possessor. Il est avec sa femme et ses enfants. He is with his wife and his children. My aunt simon and my uncle renaud are arriving with their daughter. My parents rarley talk about their problems: the masculine form (mon, ton, son) is used before singulaar feminine nouns beginning with a vowel or a mute h. Mon oncle et son amie susanne habitent new york. My uncle and his friend susanne live in new york. Talking about where people are from: venir is an irregular verb. Ils/elles viennent: the verb venir can be used when talking about one"s place of origin. Another way to express relationship and possession: the preposition de (or d") used with nouns expresses possession and relationship. This structure is used in place of the possessive "s in english.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers