Communication Studies
Course
COM 202
Professor
Simenski
Semester
Spring

Description
Caitlyn Marks Chapter 5 I) Chapter 5 discusses methods in how to gather supportive materials in order to enhance your speech. II) Personal experience and knowledge gives a unique touch to a speech that makes it stand out from the crowd. a) When you want to organize your thoughts it’s best to brainstorm. Brainstorming is basically when you write down all of the ideas you have down. b) To further brainstorm, you cluster ideas together to see how to get from point A to point B. c) When I think of brainstorming I think of in elementary school when I did a web to organize my idea. This is where a central topic would be in the center, it would branch out to a main point, and finally move into supporting factors. d) If I wanted to speak about the benefits of deep breathing, my subtopic would be that it’s calming. My supporting material would be that It takes your mind off of what you’re nervous about and it actually activates the part of the nervous system responsible for calming the body after a fight or flight response. III) An underused form of knowledge is the library. It’s a good way to find credible searches and there’s a plethora of help available that you wouldn’t have alone. A) The wide variety of books gives you plenty of options in finding exactly what you need for your topic. B) Even though it’s hard to ask for help, a librarian is there to help. a) If you’re uncertain about how credible something is or you need help finding the right
More Less

Related notes for COM 202

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit