Chapter 1 answers
1) The TKTS booth located at the Duffy Square is a ticket booth with discounted Broadway
tickets. These discounted tickets are seats in the play that need to be filled.
2) In Greek “theatron” means “seeing place”
3) Shakespeare was a member of the Lord Chamberlain’s Men of London
4) The definition of theatre as an occupation is that body of artistic work in which actors
impersonate characters in a live performance of a play.
5) 9 crafts that make up work of the theatre
a. Producing: making sure all personal, space and financing are completed.
b. Directing: controlling and developing the artist product
c. Acting: actors perform roles of characters
d. Designing: designers map out the visual and aural elements of a production. Ex.
Scenery, costumes, makeup, etc.
e. Building: carpenters, costumers, wig-makers, painters, etc. construct the scenes