RP & SE 300 Chapter Notes - Chapter 13: Input Device, Mobile Computing, Sighted Guide

30 views5 pages

Document Summary

Visual i(cid:373)pair(cid:373)e(cid:374)t: i(cid:373)pair(cid:373)e(cid:374)t i(cid:374) visio(cid:374) that adversely affects i(cid:374)dividual"s educatio(cid:374)al performance. May include reduction of visual acuity: ability to visually perceive details of near or distant objects. Visual field: amount of vision in quadrant regions to right, left, up, and down while gazing straight ahead. Legally blind: visual acuity of 20/200 or less or visual field no greater than 20 . Snellen chart: clinical measurement of amount of distance vision individual has. Functionally blind: primary channel of learning is through tactile or auditory means. Primary literacy medium: most frequently used method of reading and writing: braille. Low vision: impairment interferes with ability to perform daily activities. Deaf-blindness: hearing and vision impairments: learn tactually. Light enters cornea (transparent outer portion of eye) and then through circular opening in iris called pupil. Light progresses through gelatinous vitreous humor to clear focus on retina (central area is macula)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers